Classes of hosting services
A hosting service means depositing and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting provider. There are various classes of hosting services used for different ends, so let's examine these. Doing so, you can conclude what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to launch a web page, mail aliases, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by some providers, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file hosting accounts are frequently supported by showing adverts beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific stretch of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally incorrect explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allocate the load between individual hosts of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various webspace hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some companies provide a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is suitable if you want to share a large amount of pics with friends or colleagues since the service is usually free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to administering your email box accounts. Some companies provide web space hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can set up e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred site viewers, you may have a problem with your website hosting supplies. Embedding the video will enable you to keep as many videos as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to possess a website. To a certain degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and email addresses, upload videos, and so on. At E2MP Hosting, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine email/file/video/image hosting plans that are purposed for specific web content solely.